But I'm pretty lonely right now, sitting in a friend's apartment, so I figured I could just as well post a tiny bit.
- This past week including the weekend has just been extremely amazing. I really wish I had taken pictures of all the cool things I did but most of the time I got abducted, not knowing where we'd go and what I should bring. So, yeah, no pics but lots of valuable memories of which I'll share quite a few soon.
- I am desperately trying to come up with reasons to spend the next weekend away from here. The fact that Avenue Q will close in September was seemingly random but very much hey-there-are-no-such-things-as-coincide
nces news, so I'm trying to talk myself into heading off to New York for Thursday-Monday to see it.
(LOL - really, even after one year in North America the fact that I could go to New York for a long weekend and that wouldn't be crazy is still so odd to me...)
- If I wanna go to grad school in Canada, I need to take the GRE *sighs*. I guess it's a good thing that this takes the decision out of my hands (before I wasn't sure, seeing that I didn't really want to go to any school in the USA anyway), but it means money and time spent... again.
- Moving was exhausting and my room, despite being more spacious and brighter, still doesn't feel like home - I wish I could put up posters and postcards yet but we "need to" paint and I have no idea when that's gonna happen...
- I got an e-mail from this friend that stopped talking to me and she basically told me to go to hell. I over-reacted with a way-too-rushed and -hurt response which probably made things worse... Then again, I don't think they could deteriorate any further and I decided that I'm just really tired of trying so hard to keep my friends - I still love her to bits but I guess what my heart is mostly aching for is the person that I knew when I left Germany... not the person she is now. And that feeling is probably mutual, so... things had to end. I just wish I could have learned something from this experience... something that makes me a better friend for other people in the future.
Sorry for hardly being around... I've been a slacker lately, comment- and feedback-wise but I'm pretty sure that'll get lots better real soon.