School started again today. Well... for me it did anyway - I got lucky that most of Monday's classes were canceled, so that I didn't even feel bad about
I will attempt to catch up on my f-list (haha) - I'm really sorry if I end up not commenting on too many things. In any case, I hope that everybody had fabulous holidays - I did (I took like... 4 pictures. So not really worth showing them. Oh, and I spent a significant amount of Christmas Eve here - I bet you weren't surprised.) :D
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I realized some of my 101s. No new resolutions, except for the usual: being a good girl schoolwise, exercising, yada yada.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but two came (and still are) very close.
5. What countries did you visit?
Well, I’m a Canadian resident, so technically I visited the USA and Germany. And, well, France for like 3 hours.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 6, May 8, May 27. To name a few.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting into McGill for good. And doing well. :)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Messing up two very valuable friendships.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a bike accident on my birthday that left me with two small scars on my stomach, I had some terrible days in September and November with (one of) the flu(s).
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my best friends’
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed?
my best friends’
14. Where did most of your money go?
Let’s be lame: rent. School.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Dark Knight re-runs, my Linguistics minor, grad school, Singapore
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
“Rush” by Ferras
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Huffing and pouting.
20. How do you spend Christmas?
With family and my best friend.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Gilmore Girls, Friends, Due South
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don’t hate people, I just very much dislike.
25. What was the best book you read?
The Time Traveler’s Wife
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Oi… I “discovered” so many bands since coming to Canada, it’s hard to say whom I listened to before 2009 already. Let’s go for Faber Drive.
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Went out for dinner to O.Noir and met up with friends at night for games.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
These three words.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
33. What kept you sane?
Skype, hugs and coffee.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Christian Bale. As usual.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Sorry, not being allowed to vote at this point, I don’t follow Canadian politics. And I’m too detached from German politics, living some thousand miles away. (And I’m well aware that these are two very lame excuses)
36. Who did you miss?
My best friends, especially ตุ่นปากเป็ด.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
As for actually new people: Hmmm… I don’t know… I met most of my current friends at the 2008 Christmas Party, though not realizing that we would ever get close. So, I guess that leaves my Quinha. :)
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Happiness is a choice.
And of course: To love means to let go.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
If you forgive me all this
If I forgive you all that
We forgive and forget
And it's all coming back to me
When you see me like this
And when I see you like that
We see just what we want to see
All coming back to me
The flesh and the fantasies
All coming back to me
I can barely recall but it's all coming back to me now
And when you kiss me like this
And when I touch you like that
It was so long ago
But it's all coming back to me
And if we…
(It’s all coming back to me now, Meat Loaf)