I feel a bit rushed. After some rough days, I would just like to savor some quiet time. But as I’m in my fifth semester now (of nine), I need to choose my majors… until Friday. Great, huh?
And the problem is that I have no idea what to do. It’s not like there’s a great variety – the university offers 3 subjects of which we have to choose two
1) Work and organizational psychology
2) Educational psychology / pedagogy
3) Clinical psychology
The first one was easy because working for companies, doing staff trainings, doing interviews with applicants is really interesting. And, to be honest, you can make a great deal of money with it. So, I’m gonna apply for a place there for sure.
But with the other two it’s like choosing between
pest and cholera Kryptonite and Scarecrow’s fear evocation hallucinogen...
- possibly interesting topics but boring classes
- terribly uninterested lecturer (and, yes, sometimes it depends on the professors whether or not you get the stuff)
- you won’t get a job with that in Germany (but hey, who wants to stay here in anyway?)
- I’ll never work in that field – I’m just bad at dealing with people with psychological disorders ike anxiety disorders, depression and such. Yeah, bad attitude, but at least I already know that much
- it *is* still the field of psychology in which most people work
- the lectures are good and interesting
- I’m bad with biological stuff… I have no idea how the human brain works – hence I’m not interested in what causes psychological disorders
It’s not exactly like my life’s gonna depend on this decision.
I know what my friends (who all wanna be therapists) are taking and I try not be influenced by that. But it sucks that I have to choose just now… l won’t be studying here next year either way and I don’t know what will happen in the meantime that could change my choices completely. Plus I kind of know what I wanna do after graduating from university – and that has nothing to do with either of these subjects *sighs*