1) What is your username? How did you come up with it?
schnuffichen . It’s what my family and my RL friends call me, too – well, forms of it, like Schnuff, Schnuffi, something along that line. Nothing interesting about the story.
2) Have you renamed before? If so, what were your old names? if you haven't renamed, what names would you want to rename to?
Not on LJ, no. I have another LJ with/for my Canada-related stuff – that’s the address I give away to my family, my RL friends, some professors and the scholarship agency. So, it’ll be filled with stuff that’d be too boring to write about in my regular LJ, like “Ooooh, I picked another course this week, isn’t that exciting? And I saw a squirrel in the backyard, can you imagine?”
3) How much does your userinfo say about you?
Nothing exciting. I’m rather open when it comes to my private life anyway, so anyone nosy could simply ask me.
4) How long have you been on livejournal?
5) What is the longest amount of time you've gone without posting?
I don’t know – like one week? I only write when I have something to say. Or when I find an amusing meme :)
ETA: Just checked: Two weeks in September 2007. I was trying to find out why but all I found was me saying that I was “forced” to stay off from blogging. I have no idea what It was, I wasn’t sick or anything... Weird. I found this “gem”, though:
“I can't even listen to my heart or my mind because I don't know what they're saying. And I know that even if I did, I wouldn't know whom to trust anyway. Because what my heart is making me see looks so wonderful and I wanna grab it and squeeze it and not let it go.
And my mind keeps telling me that my heart is a craven liar who's promising me heaven on earth and I will end up disappointed.
Not a very good prespective, I know.“
It took me a while to figure out what I meant there. And then I remembered. Of course I knew what my heart was saying. And that my mind was contradicting. Thank God I managed to get a grip and listened to my common sense instead of my f'ing heart. I should do that more often :P
But the fact that I was indeed able to “forget” all the heartache of those days is kinda comforting :)
6) On average, how many entries do you post per day? (divide how many total entries you have by how many days you've been on LJ.)
Gosh, calculations... 0.5 if I’m not mistaken. And that’s a whole lot more often than I would have thought.
7) What are your posts normally about?
Memes, by far! And university stuff, too. I never rant about friends because my group of friends is too tight-knit.
8) Is your journal friends only? Why or why not?
Most of the entries are at least somewhat f-locked because my parents and my roomy go here regularly. There are some close-friends entries and like 2 or 3 private locked. The stuff I write about isn’t interesting for strangers anyway, I hardly ever post vids or funny links.
9) Does your journal have an actual title or are you merely USER @ livejournal?
Title: Me, myself and I
Subtitle: It’s just not that simple.
I came up with those in a spur of a moment when I built this journal. Nothing special but generic enough to stay.
10) How long do you see yourself staying on livejournal?
I don’t see myself stopping. I met the best kind of friends via LJ, I managed to stay in touch with most of them over thousands of miles distance. Why would I change that?
ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS LIST
11) How many people are on your friends list, not counting private journals, media journals, etc?
26. Most of them are Folcs of some sort. I’m fairly content with the number although from time to time it’s getting a bit boring.
12) How much do you talk to people on your friends list off of livejournal?
Real talking? That would be rosa_nase - she only joined to read my f-locked entries here anyway.
I chat with laramoon on a almost daily basis and quite regularly with judosas and cyad and a bit with catherinebruce. Oh, and pgwfolc, too, when I remember to log in to AIM ;)
13) Do you do friends cuts? Why or why not?
No, not usually. There are people on my flist who I’m sure don’t read my LJ even though I regularly comment to theirs – but there are worse things to care about ;)
14) Do you regularly participate in friending memes? If not, how do you normally find people to friend?
Nope, I don’t – I wouldn’t even know how they work. I find new friends if I find them commenting from time to time in mutual friends’ LJs... and me liking their opinions ;)
15) How often do you add new friends to your friends list?
Whenever there’s someone I find interesting and nice.
16) Do your friends have to have things in common with you?
As I said, all of them are Folcs :) After all, this is how I started blogging in the first place. And, gee, most of them are really nice and geeky – I guess that’s something we have in common, too ;)
ABOUT YOUR ICONS / USERPICS
17) How many userpics do you get maximum? How many of those slots do you actually use?
I’m restricted to 35 :(
18) Do you mostly use icons made by yourself or by others?
Half of them are made by laramoon, actually – mostly because she’s great at it and that’s where I find wonderful batty ones. The rest I found somewhere in the net – I’m not good at this kind of stuff.
ETA: Oh, wouldn't wanna forget about the cumpy one by capefetish :D That was the second icon I ever had after creating my default one.
20) What fandoms are most frequently seen in your userpics?
Superman (well, actually, L&C)-related and my one and only Batman-Begins one :)
21) How do you find icons to use?
Lara posts, I snatch – it’s just as simple ;)
22) How often do you upload new icons to use in your userpics?
I can’t upload new ones anymore. If I could, I’d probably upload new ones whenever I find a nice one somewhere :)
23) Which of your userpics do you use the most?
24) Which of your userpics do you like the most?
Just one? Um...
It’s my most fav ep ever after all *dreamy sigh*
25) The old maximum number of userpics was three. Could you see yourself "surviving" on three userpics now?
Lol – surviving, yes. It’d be hard though. I’d keep my default one, the Batman Begins one and... hmm... this one, probably:
26) What do your userpics say about you?
That I’m a huuuuge fan of Lois and Clark?
ABOUT YOUR FANDOMS
27) Which fandoms are you most active in?
Well, “active” is probably the wrong word. I’m very fond of my Folcs and the guys from World’s finest. I’m an avid reader and I try to comment regularly.
28) What do your choice of fandoms say about you?
Gotta repeat what htbthomas said: That I’m all obsessed with superheroes. ;)
29) Do you make friends based on fandom?
That’s the only way I make friends ;) (and I may have mentioned that here once or twice already)
30) How many fandom communities are you a part of?
2 or 3, depends on your definition.
31) Do you join fanfic or icon communities or only the general communities?
I don’t specifically join icon communities because I can’t add more icons anyway. And I’m not too interested in those anyway. I join fanfic communities, though, if I found the urge to join one in the first place ;) I’m in worlds_finest and the lcficmbs – that’s all I need.
32) How many fandom communities do you moderate?
33) How often do you check fandom communities for new posts?
They’re on my friends list, so... Although I have to say that I’m too slow to catch up with worlds_finest, so I go there like twice a week when I’m in the right mood (ahum...) and look what catches my interest.
34) Do you contribute to fandom? if so, by way of what?
By commenting once in a while. And I’m vidding, but not in the LJ communities.
35) Have you ever read (or been featured on) fandom_wank?
36) What is one thing you wish you could change about fandom?
There’s nothing I’d like to change in general. Each fandom has its own quirks and habits that I don’t like. There’s nothing general I could point to.